Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Diary of an Ugly Girl - Chapter 1 Part 1

 Chapter 1

My name is Reah Rodriguez, they call me "Eya". I'm a mermaid. Just kidding, I'm a normal female that's infested by pimples and a broom is an identical twin of my hair. I'm quite short but I'm not a dwarf, my forehead is wide. I'd like you to read something, my diary! Shh!!! This is top secret, don't spread it around! Yes, I'm kind of old schooled, I know diaries aren't popular anymore because there are blogs now but I'm poor, I don't have money to buy a computer just to make blogs.

Dear diary,

This is the start of my story.

 

"Hey Eya, why did you arrive just now? You're late!"

"I'm sorry auntie! My class finished a bit late."

"Tsk! Quickly change and start working! We already have a lot of customers!"

I nodded and went straight to the staff room to change to my waitress uniform. The sassy woman from earlier was Auntie, her and Uncle are the owners of the restaurant which I work part-time. I'm 19 years old and I'm a 4th year Accounting student at Willford Academy. I'm doing part-time work because I'm poor, I'm also an orphan.

I'll tell you my "MMK" worthy story, ready your snot because you will be crying. My parents died in a car crash when I was 14, I don't have any other relatives that I can go to if Auntie and Uncle were not here, they're they only relatives that I know of here in Manila. They took me in until I turned 17 years old but when I became 18 and I wasn't a minor anymore, they banished me from their house which is on top of the restaurant that they own. They were only forced to take me in anyway. Psh!

So when I was 18, I looked for an apartment that I can stay at and luckily I found one that was very cheap! Even if I feel that my life is always in danger because the apartment is quite old that sometimes the floors break or the door doesn't close and flying cockroaches are partying! But Auntie and Uncle, even if they're kind of devilish, they still have something nice in them even if it's just 0.01%. They're letting me work at the restaurant as my part-time so I can earn something. My pay is quite low, but it's better than nothing! My life's quite dramatic, isn't it? Makes you want to cry, feel emotional, ajujuju! Just kidding, I'm not a dramatic person, I'm Eya and I'm a darna! My spirit is strong!

"Eya, you go take table number 7," 

I just finished getting an order and I was tying my messy hair when I was called by my coworker. I just nodded and grabbed my handy dandy notebook where I list the orders and went to table number 7 afterwards.

Walking to table number 7, the customer had their back faced to me, this person's a guy and was only by himself. When I got there, the menu was covering his face, I couldn't see his face. I first held my handy dandy notebook and wrote table number 7 there then looked at him to greet him, 

"Good evening si..."

I couldn't continue what I continue what I was saying because the moment I turned my face to him, the menu was placed down and ohmygollywow! He's quite yummy! I mean, my gosh, he's looking g at me while smiling with his even teeth that was close-up worthy! This being is quite handsome, I feel like I'm starting to see sparks around his face and that the surroundings are in slow-motion with how handsome he is!

"Miss, can I ask you what time it is?"

I was still daydreaming a bit from seeing his handsome face and I wasn't thinking properly when I replied to him, 

"It's time for you to love me."

"Eh?" 

The both of us were surprised. I covered my mouth that was open and nearly started drooling.

"N-Nothing!" 

I said while panicking and flustered, I quickly looked at my cheap wristwatch and told him the right time. Wow! What did I even answer to him earlier!

"Ahh, thank you miss," 

He said to me while smiling, he looks like he's trying not to laugh. What the heck, I'm so embarassing! It's my first time drooling for a guy, I mean there has been quite a lot of handsome being that's been here at Auntie's restaurant but this one in front of me has a different appeal! Not only is he jaw dropping but also panty dropping!

"C-Can I t-take your order?" I'm also stuttering, what the heck!

 

"Umm... Let me think," 

He placed his finger at his chin and pretended to think while looking at me, I feel like melting! After a few seconds, he started smiling, oh that killer smile!  

"Miss, I've decided. Can I order you?"

"Ha?" 

This time I'm the one that was surprised at his answer, But I was more surprised when he started laughing, 

"Hahaha! Just kidding miss, I'm just joking as well! Hehe!"

"Ahh..." 

I didn't know what to say or react. Okay, I don't know if I should feel happy or be red from embarassement. Can I do both? Is this handsome person flirting with me? Ahh I'm being greedy.

He stopped laughing but he's still smiling, 

"Miss, can you please come back later? I'm actually waiting for someone, well she's not yet here"

He has a date, I'm disappointed. What? Why am I disappointed, hellooo it's obvious that he has a girlfriend or a date, he's too handsome to be single! But it's still making me feel sad, he's already taken. But taken or not, it's not like he'll notice me, right? Who in their right mind would like someone like me that looks like Shrek's long lost sister?

 

 

After almost two hours, we noticed that "time guy" at table 7 still hasn't ordered anything. He's also still alone there. Was he stood up by his date? That girl! She must have something wrong with her head to flake such a handsome person! If it was me, I would have started waiting a day before at the restaurant from my excitement! But like always, my Auntie's kindness (with full sarcasm) is starting to show and she's asking me to make Time Guy leave because if he's not going to order anything, it's better for him to leave. And I, even if I'm against it, went to Time Guy.

"Umm sir, are you still not going to order anything?"

I noticed that this time his face looked kind of lonely, 

"I'm sorry but my date still hasn't arrived yet."

"Because sir, you've been here for two hours without ordering anything. My boss is starting to scold me and said that I should make you leave if you're not going to order anything."

"Ah is that so..."

"I'm sorry..." 

I feel a bit sorry for him because not only did his date not show up, we're also making him leave. He just shook is head and smiled even if his smile looked a bit sad now. 

"It's okay. Sorry for the disturbance that I have caused." 

After that, he sluggishly walked out of the restaurant. I pity him. I just continued my work. My part-time is from 5-9pm, I changed my clothes the moment it hit 9pm and said my goodbyes to Auntie and left the restaurant.

I was going to walk away from the restaurant when I noticed a person sitting at the floor and leaning his back at the wall of the restaurant. He had his head down, his knees at his chests and has his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

Maybe he's feeling cold, the wind is starting to be cold at night nowadays because it's now July, it's the rainy season. I'm feeling a bit of sympathy and was curious as to why he was sitting on the floor. He doesn't look to be a homeless person. So I went near him.

"Excuse me..." 

 He raised his face as I said that and I was surprised to realise that it was the Time Guy, 

"Are you okay?"

He suddenly stood up and removed dust from his trousers, he lowered and scratched his head,

"Not really, it's because my date didn't arrive yet. I'm still waiting for her."

"Huh? It's already 9 o'clock! You've been waiting hours for her, I don't think she's coming..." 

"I know..."

"So you know! Why are you still waiting for her? Are you stupid? Go home already, it's quite late, you're shaking from being cold as well. Some addicts might come by you and start harrassing you." 

He started laughing, "I was just hoping that she might come but I guess you're right, It's better if I go home."

His stomach started rumbling, he placed his hand on his stomach and smiled sheepishly so I asked him, 

"Have you not eaten anything yet?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I haven't yet. Umm miss, do you mind eating an ice cream with me?"

I was shocked at his question. Waaa! Is he asking me for a date? Oh you stupid Eya, you're being greedy again, he's just asking you to go with him to eat an ice cream and you're already imagining all kinds of stuff. He's just alone and I'm the only person around him so that's why he asked you to come with him.

"Umm... actually, I was about to go home..." 

I'm not playing hard to get, I'm just being safe. Even if he's handsome he's still a stranger to me, how would I know if he's actually a killer or a terrorist or an alien that's planning to abduct humans to experiment on. Weh, corny.

"It's only at the ice cream parlor at the corner. It's not that far and we'll just stay for a bit. Just come with me, I'm just brokenhearted right now. If you leave me alone I'll just commit suicide."

"EH? Hey don't be like that! Don't commit suicide and don't make me feel conscious! Stop over acting!"

He suddenly put his arm on my shoulder, he has a lot of confidence to put his arm on any shoulder just because he's handsome huh? That's sexual harassment! But heyyy I was feeling flustered, a handsome person put his arm on my shoulder, first time in my life that this has happened! Wahaha!

"I'll treat you to an ice cream miss so just come with me! Don't worry, I'll give you a ride back home, I have my car."

"But wait a second, I don't follow strangers!"

"My name is Chad, Chad Jimenez. And you?"

"Eya."

"Nice meeting you Eya. Now we're not strangers, let's go!"

I was about to complain again when he suddenly pulled my hand and started going towards the ice cream parlor. Waaa! I'm holding hands with a handsome stranger! In my entire life, this is the first time that my hand has been held by a handsome being (well, except when I'm trying to take advantage of people at the church when "Our Father" starts).

I want to start thinking that this is the start of a love story of an ugly person like me and a prince charming like this handsome stranger but I'm just kidding, It's because I've been reading and watching a lot of love stories. But even his name is handsome, Chad Jimenez! So I just stopped complaining and let him pull me towards the ice cream parlor. I'll just accompany him, he doesn't look like a criminal anyway. He looks rich too, he said he has a car!

When we arrived at the ice cream parlor, there were a lot of people there. The girls inside there started looking at the person I'm with, I can also hear what they're whispering about. They're saying that Chad is very good-looking and they're also wondering if I'm his girlfriend or maybe I'm just his helper, because they said I'm too ugly for him to pay attention to. I let go of Chad's hand and started scratching my head. He then loked at me when we arrived at the counter.

"What flavour do you want?"

"A-Anything..."

He smiled at me and started ordering stuff at the counter. He gave me a three flavoured ice cream on a big cone, the same as the one he has. We sat down outside the ice cream parlor and we ate our ice creams there.

"Thanks for the ice cream."

I said while looking at the floor and licking my ice cream.

He suddenly placed his hand on my head and ruffled my hair, it's already messy but he's making it messier.

"No problem, thank you for going with me as well. At least I'm not a loner now."

"Actually I didn't go with you, you forced me to go here."

He laughed at me for how straight forward I was being,

"But still, thank you. I really needed someone and an ice cream to lighten up my mood."

"Were you waiting for your girlfriend earlier?" I asked him.

"Nope, but I wish. Haaa... I've been courting her for almost a year now."

"1 year? But she's still not answering you? Why?"

"I don't know, maybe I'm ugly."

"What? You're very attractive, I nearly drooled because of you earlier!"

I quickly covered my mouth with my hands when I realised that my mouth was just saying what it wants, I couldn't look at him from my embarrassment!

"Really? You think I'm attractive?"

He moved his face close to me, his face is close to my cheeks because I was looking away from him ealier. My god! I have a lot of pimples on my cheeks, he'll see it close up! Eek! So embarrassing!

"What if we just start going out?"

I automatically looked at his direction because I feel heard something incorrectly. But my heart started to beat really fast because our faces were really close to each other when I turned to him. I was even feeling his breathing and he's looking at my eyes, like the pupils in his eyes were trying to suck me into them.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

He's slowly making is face closer to mine. Only a few centimetres left! OMG! My heart and mind were both panicking! I feel like I'm going to start hyperventilating here! What should I do? AHHHHH!!!! BOOGSH!

"Back off!" 

son of a! Why do I have an instinct to push away people when I'm panicking? And what's worst of all is I automatically took out my pepperspray in my pocket (I just got it for free at a grocery store one day, I use it for protection from bad people and aliens and dinosaurs since I go home at night.) then I aimed the pepperspray at him while he's still sitting down at the floor after I pushed him away.

"Woah, woah, relax! I was just kidding! I didn't expect that I will bring out such reactions from you," he stood up from the floor. 

"Aww, the ice cream fell on the floor. What a shame.."

Then he grabbed my hand that was covered with melted ice cream and started licking my ice cream. I pulled my hand away from him and placed the pepperspray near his face for protection.

"Hey! that's my ice cream! Also are you a pervert? Why are you licking it when I already licked it!"

"Hey just relax, I'm just messing with you. And also, you pushed me away so my ice cream fell. I'm not perverted, I'm really just fooling around. I'm sorry if you panicked from what I did. Also..."

He took the pepperspray from my hand but I tried to grab it back,

"What's this? Pepperspray? Wahahaha! What is this for?"

"Protection from perverts! Give it back!"

I said while tiptoeing so that I can reach my pepperspray because he moved his hand up high and he's also tall.

"I'm not a pervert also this is great, I didn't know there are stuff like this! Wahahaha! This is the first time I've encountered a female that aimed a pepperspray at my face! From now on I will call you Peppy, shortcut from pepperspray! You're so funny!"

I started to get kind of annoyed. First, he pulled me here even though we didn't know each other then he suddenly brought his face near me and asked me to be her girlfriend, then he said he's just messingg with me and laughs at me. Just because he's handsome, he starts poking fun at an ugly person like me. He's very irritating. I gave him my ice cream and started walking away.

"Hey Peppy, wait a sec. Where are you going?"

"So I have a new nickname already? Are we close? Tss! I'm going home, we don't even know each other and you're starting to be really annoying."

"Hey I'm just joking, I didn't mean to piss you off. I'm sorry if I quickly started feeling close to you..."

He's following me while walking, so I started walking faster. I didn't give him any attention.

"Heyy notice me, yoohooo, please talk. I'm sorry Peppy," 

He's quite persistant, my name isn't even Peppy. He feels like we're very close huh! I just continued walking and walking, even if he's handsome his personality is a big turn off. Does he think he can make fun of someone he knew just now and start feeling very close. He's starting to come off as arrogant.

"Heyy Peppy... Peppy... Peppy..."

"What is it!? You're annoying!"

I looked at him because I started to get really annoyed. I was tired from work so my head was still sulky.

"Do not follow me and stop callingg me Peppy, my name is Eya! Shoo!"

I turned my back at him afterwards, I was about to walk away when I noticed a drunken person walking towards our direction. I looked at my surroundings, it's quite dark already and there was no one else around other than Chad and I. I reflexively tried to grab my pepperspray for protection but I realized that it wasn't there and remembered that I didn't get it back from Chad earlier.

"Umm..." 

I turned around, I saw Chad already walking away from me. My gaze quickly shifted around Chad that was going away and the drunken person that was going towards our direction. Ok, I know I'm ugly and that no one will be interested in me but this drunken person in front of me isn't in his right mind, and his sight is blurry as well for sure! What should I do?

I scratched my head, "Whatever happens, happens." 

In the end, I chose to keep going. I just kept looking at the cement at the time because they said that if there's a dog at the street, don't look at it because it'll bark and bite you. He's not a dog but he's already nuts from the alcohol!

"I did it my waaaaaaay!!!" he's even singing, he's really drunk! He's even swaying around while walking. I'm very nervous. Here we go, I've nearly passed him... boogsh! Son of a! Why was walking around while saying?! I'm trying to avoid accidentally hitting his shoulder but because he was swaying his shoulder still hit mine. He stopped and looked at me.

"Hey miss, why did you hit me?"

He suddenly held my hand, I tried to remove my hand from his.

"Huh? You're the one who hit me, are you crazy? Let go of me."

"Woot. Miss, do you have a crush on me so you colllided on me? Come and go with me, let's have some fun!" he quickly brought his face next to mine, his breath stinks! I pushed him away and he let go of my hand because of it and I started running. I wasn't far from him yet when he suddenly pulled my ponytailed hair and forced me back to him.

"Ouch! Let go of my hair! Are you gay? Why are you pulling my hair?!"

"Hey you're being rude, want me to be angry at you?" I nearly started crying from being scared, it's very dark and it was only us that was arround. But my tears slowly went back when I saw Chad at the back of the drunken person and tried to get his attention. The drunkard looked at him and Chad sprayed his face with my pepperspray. The drunken person let go of me and started screaming while covering his eyes.

"Run! Faster!" Chad quickly pulled my hand and started running. I was running out of breath when we stoppeed running, I placed my hands on my knees and bent my body while catching my breath.

"Woo! This pepperspray is really effective! 

He said while laughing and catching his breath, he reached out and gave me my pepperspray,

"It's a good thing that I went back to give you this or something bad might happened to you."

"Thank you for rescuing me."

"No problem. I was picking on you earlier so we're quits. Let's make up okay?"

He smiled at me and I said the same to him, "Let me give you a lift to your place. Don't even try to refuse, we're not strangers anymore okay?"

I just smiled, "Okay."


Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary of an Ugly Girl - Chapter 4 Part 5

Italic letters when characters are speaking means it's in English, ** words are onomatopoeia. Do let me know if I should keep on doing ...